What is my school’s Unique Reference Number (URN)?

Please follow these steps if you wish to find your URN, Local Authority Number or Establishment Number:


  1. Go to https://get-information-schools.service.gov.uk/ and click on "Search for establishments"
  2. Select "Search by Location" and enter your school’s postcode in the box labelled ‘Postcode, town or city’
  3. Click on the ‘Search’ button
  4. The results page entry for your school includes all three numbers